Elk Horn Library Board Minutes Thursday, May 20, 2021

Call to order: by Faith at 6pm.  Virtual meeting with all handouts, reports, and agenda sent out by email in advance.

Roll call: Alissa at the Library, Faith, Calla, Janice and Deb attended virtually.

Minutes: April minutes were read with the following corrections: Faith did not attend the April meeting.  Correction to the treasurer reporter, The library balance $11,120.73  is our special library fund not the General Fund.  

Calla made a motion to approve the April minutes with the above corrections, seconded by Deb, Ayes by all.  

Treasurer report: Special library Fund  $12,114.38.  

Monthly bills were reviewed and approved.  

Calla made a motion to approve the Treasurer report, seconded by Janice, Ayes all

Librarian Report

LaJissa is helping with the kids programming and getting ready for Tivoli.

The Summer Library program is ready to go.  

We discussed LaJissa’s orientation.  She is currently working 4 hrs per week. She will increase to 8-12 hrs per week.  

DIVO will share our library programs on their calendar.  

Summer Programming 

Alissa has several fun events planned throughout the summer for all ages.  As well with fun prizes for both adults and kids.  

We discussed LaJissa’s orientation.  She is currently working 4 hrs per week. She will increase to 8-12 hrs per week.  

We are excited to partner with the Harlan school lunch and snack program.  They will provide snacks via a federally funded program.  We are required to complete paperwork to track this program. 

New Business

Bridges renewal- fiscal yr 21-22

This is the Libby/overdrive pgm. Calla made a motion to approve this renewal, seconded by Deb, ayes all.  

Unfinished Business

Masks-Social distancing.  We will change our policy to Masks and Social distancing appreciated.  Allissa will post a positive statement to post masks are your choice. 

Board Education  

Iowa Learns has a continuing education May 25th.  Next month Calla will recap of the board room series.  

Next month we will go over chapter 3 of the BoardRoom Series. 

We spent 15 min reviewing Chap 2 in the BoardRoom Series.  

Next meeting June 16th at 6pm. 

 

Respectfully submitted by Janice Greve